Chrysler Cordoba, 42 airbag fault code :
This page is about Chrysler Cordoba air bag problem code 42.
The possible SRS 42 airbag error reason/s;
LH Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open
LH Radiator Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open
Restraint System - Impact Sensor Status (Front Impact Severity Sensor Circuit Failure)
#42 Airbag Code Repair order ("Recheck SRS at each replacement.")
How to disable Chrysler Cordoba airbag module ?
- Remove ash tray from console panel
- Using a socket set, remove 4 hex head screws from console panel
- Pull console panel out of the two clips
- Remove connector from Passenger Airbag Disable module in console panel and take console panel to a work bench
- Remove 2 phillips head screws to remove the airbag key module
- Carefully unclip the plastic tabs that hold the airbag key module case together
- Remove circuit board from airbag key module housing
- To prepare the module housing I drilled a 1/4" hole through the clear lens allowing my particular LED to be attached through that hole
- Now carefully unsolder the blown light bulb
- Then you are able to solder on the new LED *polarity matters* with that in mind the negative on the circuit board is closest to the outer edge of the circuit board
- Reassemble the PAD Module and put it back into the console panel and then put everything back together on the dash in the reverse order of removal.
How to clear Chrysler Cordoba 42 airbag code ?
- Follow the diagnostic procedures to service the fault condition flashing on the air bag indicator prior to code clearing.
- Cycle the ignition switch to OFF and then to RUN.
- Observe air bag indicator prove-out (six ? two seconds) followed by diagnostic trouble code (52-85) flashing completely one time.
- Locate the Diagnostic "Trouble Code Clear" Connector (grey connector). located underneath the glove compartment, left side (06010) containing Circuits 631 (T/R) and 57 (BK).
- Use a jumper wire to short Circuit 631 (T/R) to Circuit 57 (BK) or to another good ground. This short must be made after the diagnostic trouble code flashes completely one time, but before the warning light stays on continuously.
- Hold short until air bag diagnostic monitor tone sounds (approximately five seconds).
- Release short on Circuit 631 (T/R) to Circuit 57 (BK). This short must be released within 25 seconds after the diagnostic monitor tone sounds.